1985 Honda City Pro-t shocks!!!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
[email protected]

1985 Honda City Pro-t shocks!!!!

Postby [email protected] » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Help me! I have been looking for a set of rear shocks for my City but no one makes them anymore, can the shocks of a Civic or other more common model fit. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Pedders are useless, unless it is in front of them in one of their catalogues they dont know what to do.

Help me please!!!!!

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm

are you after standard shocks or lowering?

DDmitry
Forum Regular

Postby DDmitry » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 pm

kayaba KYB 365076 rear cartidge absorber from toyota
his same as a stock rear asorber but have more havy piston rod... and do not have support for brake hose...

Cost at eBay 30 or 40 usd piece

[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the help guys! What other model cars from Honda have the same shock so I can go to a wreckers and get some standard ones as I am trying to pass a roadworthy.

PeppstaR

Postby PeppstaR » Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

Anyone have a part number for the fronts? The part number for the rears should work for an 84 Cabriolet right? Basically, I'm looking for the part numbers for my 84 Cabriolet struts front and rear.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 pm

I think I have posted some part number stuff in my suspension thread.

No other Honda have the same rear shocks as a City that I know of. Your best bet is to take them to a decent suspension place, and have them install some cartridge inserts. Unfortunately owning one of these old, reasonably unpopular cars means that you have to turn to custom parts more and more often (damn Mini owners etc).

kevyg_101
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: 1985 Honda City Pro-t shocks!!!!

Postby kevyg_101 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to the forum, I've been hunting for rear shock for my pro-t. The Kayaba KYB 365076 toyota shocks fitted with little effort and the brake hose mount cut off old shocks and clamped to new one. Last thing I need to sort. Now I can get my road worthy and get the little beast register. You guys are a god sent

craybait
Donating Member

Postby craybait » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45 pm

well done DDmitry,do you have a toyota number for front shocks,or any other suggestions

icebert
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby icebert » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:55 am

kevyg_101 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to the forum, I've been hunting for rear shock for my pro-t. The Kayaba KYB 365076 toyota shocks fitted with little effort and the brake hose mount cut off old shocks and clamped to new one. Last thing I need to sort. Now I can get my road worthy and get the little beast register. You guys are a god sent

Hi, mate, how was it fitted? Need any modifacation? Heights etc....?

Return to “General”