I'm developing a performance suspension package for City's

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat May 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Who would have thought this thread would actually end up with some suspension being made??

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 pm

I did :-)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 29, 2011 9:09 pm

not me :wink:

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

Postby rustyhornet » Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 pm

G'day James,
Looking good!
Wondering if I could register some more interest in a set of these babies?
Over the ditch here on the West Island :P

James

Postby James » Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Yup thats all good. When I have tested the first set, and thats gone well I will order the internals for the next few sets, and get deposits and things, and we will go from there.

James

Postby James » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Anyone got any ideas/feelings/comments on what colour to anodize these puppies?

Choice of:

Gold, black, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, violet/purple, pink, and bronze

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:52 pm

IMO Black since then you might be able to get away with out needing a cert. Having them a bright colour is just going to bring more attention to them, Still waiting to see what they look like when they are installed before I decide if I want any but with each picture you have posted my interest has gone up lol.

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm

BLACK!

James

Postby James » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm

OK I'll do two sets in black, I think I'll get mine in a different colour, I'm quite keen on gold :)

BMG your a tight-ass :P
Saw that pic of your car on NZH, I did lots of the rust repair on that! I also fitted that front mount lol.

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm

James wrote:OK I'll do two sets in black, I think I'll get mine in a different colour, I'm quite keen on gold :)

Saw that pic of your car on NZH, I did lots of the rust repair on that! I also fitted that front mount lol.

I prefer the term money efficient lol. Well when it comes to cars, always come up under my budget.
Always wondered who did all the rust in it. Lots of big welding seams all over the place. But its bitter to be a bit ugly then rusty.
Had the front mount off in the first month of owning the car to re-do the intercooler piping and because it was rubbing on the drivers side.
Was in there quite nicely tho.

snareth
Donating Member

Postby snareth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh man...Goldies would be awesome!! but also black would be mint!! to be honest id be keen what ever colour they are :D

James

Postby James » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 pm

bmgjet wrote:
James wrote:OK I'll do two sets in black, I think I'll get mine in a different colour, I'm quite keen on gold :)

I prefer the term money efficient lol. Well when it comes to cars, always come up under my budget.
Always wondered who did all the rust in it. Lots of big welding seams all over the place. But its bitter to be a bit ugly then rusty.
Had the front mount off in the first month of owning the car to re-do the intercooler piping and because it was rubbing on the drivers side.
Was in there quite nicely tho.

Yeah there were time constraints for that rust work so we tried to keep it simple and strong, we had to deconstruct parts of those firewall corners to get at it all, hopefully it holds for a while. It was Colza and I that did the work, it was his car at tha stage. It was meant to be the testing ground for this suspension but Col realized how annoying owning two cars was while moving around.

Hopefully I should have a set of suspension together this weekend, I just have to make a few nuts and bungs.

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Fair enough.
When the WOF runs out ill be stripping it right back and fixing any rust before a re-paint since its started peeling off all over the place.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Can you make these circlip height adjustable by any chance and black?

I also do not want / need a cert

Do not like the fact that they put everything on the cert plate then nothing can be changed without recert suspension heights +/- 5% is BS and I wont even be able to change size / width of wheels.

No cert is best on a factory turbo car.

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:32 am

Yeah cert is a pain in the ass, and definitely overpriced for what they do. I have found that you can get away with a lot of extra mods once you have a cert plate, because the description on the plate is short, and vague and they run out of room.

You can change wheel size/width as long as it stays within the limits for only needing a wof, which is pretty much anything unless they are crazy wide or something.

I'm not going to do a special circlip run, it would require a new CNC program and different tooling, not worth it IMHO. If it really bothers you then just swap out your suspension for WOFs, 40 mins every 6 months isn't too bad.

Anyhoo, this, ladies and gentlemen, is an assembled strut!

Just need to thread the spring seat, fill it with oil and I could install it in a car!

Return to “General”