HONDA CITY CLUTCH?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

HONDA CITY CLUTCH?

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue May 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Would this fit the City Turbo II? Was just thinking about What to do if/when the clutch goes on my T2..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-City-H ... 3f165e1207

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: HONDA CITY CLUTCH?

Postby turbocab » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Really need to check the sizing against a cityturbo one to be sure.
You want no of splines,diameter of splined hole in the middle and diameter of clutch disc
And bolt hole centers on the cover.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed May 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Should still be able to get an exedy one new.

Here's one in aus, but not for turbo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-EXEDY-C ... 0625461885

See if they can get you turbo 2 one.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed May 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Even if that clutch kit was the correct size its unlikely to fit a T2, the pressure plate looks more suited to a T1 than a T2. Clutch plates are the same between citys but pressure plates aren't, City-E's (blacktop) use the same flywheel/pressure plate setup as T2's but have different flywheel timing marks & a slight difference in machining to the back of the flywheel.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed May 20, 2015 4:31 pm

KingCity wrote:Even if that clutch kit was the correct size its unlikely to fit a T2, the pressure plate looks more suited to a T1 than a T2. Clutch plates are the same between citys but pressure plates aren't, City-E's (blacktop) use the same flywheel/pressure plate setup as T2's but have different flywheel timing marks & a slight difference in machining to the back of the flywheel.

My point was you can still get the kits new in Aus, and there is an exedy kit for turbo 2's so ask them if they can get the T2 version...

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed May 20, 2015 4:38 pm

My point was you can still get the kits new in Aus, and there is an exedy kit for turbo 2's so ask them if they can get the T2 version...[/quote]

Sorry bro, my comment was not towards yours, i was watching tv while typing message & didn't send it till about 20mins later so came in after yours. That kit you have shown will be right, just not the one that Anthraxxx was getting at :|

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed May 20, 2015 4:41 pm

KingCity wrote:
Hyperblade wrote:
KingCity wrote:Even if that clutch kit was the correct size its unlikely to fit a T2, the pressure plate looks more suited to a T1 than a T2. Clutch plates are the same between citys but pressure plates aren't, City-E's (blacktop) use the same flywheel/pressure plate setup as T2's but have different flywheel timing marks & a slight difference in machining to the back of the flywheel.

My point was you can still get the kits new in Aus, and there is an exedy kit for turbo 2's so ask them if they can get the T2 version...

Sorry bro, my comment was not towards yours, i was watching tv while typing message & didn't send it till about 20mins later so came in after yours. That kit you have shown will be right, just not the one that Antraxxx was getting at :|

Ahh all good! Makes much more sense now :)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks for the Info guys - glad you didn't get into a cage-fight with the earlier replies there :wink:

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed May 20, 2015 6:11 pm

ANTHRAXXX wrote:Thanks for the Info guys - glad you didn't get into a cage-fight with the earlier replies there :wink:

Would be a one sided fight, I can just bring out the ban hammer :P

Here's the following details I have on the T2 clutch kit I brought in 2004

FROM: D.A.S CarParts (https://plus.google.com/116048002344096 ... l=nz&hl=en)
PART NUMBER: R385N
DESCRIPTION: CLUTCH KIT -CIVIC 1.5 83> F/FLY
LREF/LOC 1202A

Pretty sure it was an Exedy HD version.

craybait
Donating Member

Postby craybait » Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 pm

I bought a plain Exedy cluth from autopro shop in Osborne Park last year,just checked online,that store is closed now.Pity they were good to deal with[obviously had not been to the Repco charm school]
It seems fine,exedy also do a heavier duty ?button clutch which is not much dearer which as usualI found out after, otherwise I would have put that in initially.
I would be tempted to buy a second one soon if the price is good as eventually all this stuff gets no longer stocked.
Let me know if you are ordering a heavy duty one.
I acted on your suggestion and bought a spare brake booster for my T2spares stash

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

I bought a new clutch from Appco (repco branch) $131 with my store discount :D

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu May 21, 2015 3:40 pm

All good to know. I still have a complete T2 engine/box in my shed as 'spares' but dunno what shape the clutch is in.. Craybait! - if your after T2 bits - or a complete T2 my mate John here in Perth has both for sale. Currently has a T2 for sale - Car can be seen on my page currently :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-Ci ... izard=true

craybait
Donating Member

Postby craybait » Thu May 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for info,
I was going to buy a new exedy heavy duty clutch.I think the T2 john has may be the one I bought spent a fortune on[Ken put it together},that has a heavy duty clutch in it which was balanced along with the rest of the motor.
I will be catching John next week to prise a few bits of him

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu May 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Yeah that was Caleb's one, the one John is selling now was originally on Gumtree last yearish at $6500, then it vanished & re-appeared again by the same seller & John grabbed it. Tis a nice one :)

craybait
Donating Member

Re: HONDA CITY CLUTCH?/tyre size

Postby craybait » Sun May 31, 2015 6:06 am

Thanks for that,
caught up with John and purcased 13 inch Mugen rims plus my old engine back.
Now tyre size dilemma, Toms tyres [west australia] have conti's 175/75/13 buy 3 get one free.I have ROH mags which came with my silver t2 and have 205/45/16 which work out only a slight diam increase with the calculator but are bald
Any thoughts

Return to “General”