bitterberry

Post pictures and details of your Honda City
spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Re: bitterberry

Postby spike10000 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Cheers for the cam specs. I actually went looking and found the sheet in KingCity's thread before you edited your post to include it.

I guess it just generally makes it feel like it's breathing better and revving harder?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Mine arent in the car yet as theyre going in the reconditioned engine, but yeah its meant to let it rev more freely especially in top high rpm

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Hey guys, been a while since I've updated the thread. Partly because I wasn't making much progress for a while, but it's starting to take shape now. Old engine is out. I'm re-using the intake/exhaust manifolds and the turbo from the other engine (the turbo is the upgraded rodeo turbo, I was always planning on using it on the new engine). New engine is starting to get pieced together now. So far the crank/pistons are in and on the engine stand. Hopefully within the next week or so the engine will be all put together and then put into the car! I'll dump a few photos in this thread now and keep taking them as I continue, stay tuned :)

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Good work Bitters! I posted some of your pics. & a link to here on my page, getting a lot of views. I have to pull the finger out & start working on my Turbo I project ;)

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spike10000 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Solid update.

Man I love the T1 fender mirrors!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 pm

I love em also, and the City owner I metup with in Japan actually *gave* me one that he had & never used as a Gift! Will eventually mount it on my Turbo I :)

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:05 pm

ANTHRAXXX wrote:I love em also, and the City owner I metup with in Japan actually *gave* me one that he had & never used as a Gift! Will eventually mount it on my Turbo I :)

I hope he gave you the spring that goes inside the mirror, they're a really weird design and use spring pressure to hold the mirror down and let it move, it's really confusing to figure out!

Also got the head on, cam from Kelford is also in but no picture of that yet.

Check out the absolute terror of the original engine once I took the head off, it's difficult to see but there's major scoaring on the top of the cylinders as well as oil burnt onto the cylinder wall. No wonder it was running like crap..

Take care of your City's!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:20 am

Yeap cam with a spring ;) So what will you do with the worn engine? And was it a total bitch getting the headbolts off?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:27 am

At this stage worn engine will just be spare parts, may take it more apart in future just out of interest but it's pretty useless to me atm. Actually no just a big breaker bar and they came off pretty easy, works a treat!

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Hey Bitters its good to see your enthusiasm came back. I thought you might have done head studs aye, i use to blow head gaskets all the time running between 18 & 20psi boost before i changed to ARP studs, it wouldn't blow it straight away but over time it would always blow through the gasket cylinder ring into the water gallery.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Finally got this thing up and running! Had a few issues with timing initially, but now it's running sweet and feels really good (and sounds great too). Sadly I can't really drive it yet because it's out a WoF, hopefully will get one tomorrow but I'm a little worried because the springs are slightly uncaptive, I guess I'll just see what happens. Also the driver's side CV is knocking a lot on left turns, so I'll have to replace that before I start driving it properly. Once I finally get all that done I need to take it easy on the engine for 500kms while I'm using run in oil :( but better safe than sorry. Feels really responsive though and less laggy, is nice having a new clutch too as the old one was waaaaaaay far gone. Can't wait to see what it's got now but I'll have to wait until I can give it a hard time haha.

While the engine was out I treated some rust, was pretty nasty.

Engine going in

Also something I noticed, someone had put in the wrong dipstick into the old engine so I was running around with minimum oil ALL THE TIME. Here's a comparison, one on left is the correct dipstick

And all good :)

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Damn nice :P

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Did my 500km run in oil break in period, changed oil and went for a drive today. Engine runs really good and has, for lack of a better word, a shit load more power than it did on the old engine. I'm going to get in trouble with this car :lol: so happy with it though, a lot of work went into the rebuild and its finally at the finished product!

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Awesome Bitters. Need to get some video of it in action ;)

Return to “Member Cars”